The initial concepts
Rotem (Munters) produces advanced control & management systems for the agricultural industry, which enable breeders to maximize the efficiency of their operation by optimizing crucial factors such as energy consumption and feed conversion.
Rotem’s controllers manage all aspects of growing farm animals, from climate control and feeding, through real-time alarms and remote connectivity, to statistical data analysis and business intelligence.
For their new product line, Rotem needed to reduce manufacturing costs while providing a higher-quality product:
- Replace the costly Intel Atom based computer with an ARM-based computer
- Reduce licensing costs by switching from Windows to Embedded Linux
- Improve communication speed by switching from RS-485 communication to Ethernet
- Improve data updates latency by switching from polling to a push-based model
Development of modern solution, with UI based on Angular 6, .NET Core based backend, RabbitMQ for push-based communications using MQTT, and Postgresql for persistence. The application runs on Docker over an embedded Linux operating system.
Services provided in this project
- Proof-of-concept for chosen software and hardware technologies
- Complete architecture design
- Project execution alongside customer team
- Establishing DevOps pipelines
- UX consultation